Cooperation with University UST in Temuco and Santiago de Chile (November 2014)
During this year arised a cooperation with the University UST (Universidad Santo Tomás) at Temuco / Chile, leading to an invitation by UST of Thomas Baumer to Santiago and Temuco. Participating at numerous meetings and with many presentations and contributions, Thomas Baumer met the representatives of UST (owners, directors, professors and students) as well as political, social and economic / industrial opinion leaders in Chile, particularly within the region Araucanía. Here a newspaper article and interview with Thomas Baumer in the largest daily newspaper in the region, "El Austral de la Araucanía". The Swiss ambassador in Chile, Edgar Doerig, participated during several days at the mentioned talks; here a report in the Newsletter of the Swiss Embassy (page 6). Further information by the Univerisity Santo Tomás about these activities:
- Experto en competencias interculturales suizo sostuvo importantes encuentros en Santo Tomás Temuco
- Embajador suizo se reunió con intendente Huenchumilla por programa de interculturalidad impulsado por Santo Tomás
Further reports and articles:
- Fundación Aitue: Thomas Baumer: “La Araucanía tiene un potencial enorme a desarrollar”
- Fundación Aitue: Thomas Baumer efectuó charla sobre interculturalidad
- Sociedad de fomento agríciola de Temuco: Sectores productivos se reunieron con expertos en interculturalidad
- Federación de empreseas de turismo de Chile: Especialista en gestión de competencias interculturales visita Chile
- Temuco Univerciudad: Embajador suizo se reunió con intendente por programa de interculturalidad
It is intended to continue and intensify this cooperation especially in Temuco and Santiago, in research and teaching intercultural competence, with special reference to the coexistence with indigenous peoples.
The UST is a network of universities and higher education within 19 cities in Chile, with 14 Universities, 20 Professional Institutes and 21 Technical Training Centers. Currently, more than 70,000 students are enrolled, and nearly 8,000 professors and lecturers are teaching. Founded in 1975, the UST is one of the fastest growing institutions of higher education in Chile and recognized for its academic excellence.
Thomas Baumer, founder and chairman of CICB Center of Intercultural Competence Ltd. / CACB Center for Assessement and Coaching, is listed 2015 the fifth time in a row (since 2010) as keynote speaker at the speakers agency Speakers Excellence as well as member of Top 100 Excellent Trainers.